PROSPORT LAGUNA HILLS TO HOST HIP HINGE 101 WORKSHOP - September 1st
Matthew Ibrahim is both a Strength & Conditioning Coach and Licensed Massage Therapist. Dr. Zak Gabor is both a Doctor of Physical Therapy and Strength & Conditioning Coach.
Together, they have teamed up to present the Hip Hinge 101 Workshop, which seamlessly ties in everything you need to know for intelligent deadlift training. Whether you’re a fitness professional looking to better train your athletes for a stronger deadlift or a rehab professional looking to better treat your patients through the utilization of hip hinge-based exercises—the Hip Hinge 101 Workshop is for you. Additionally, this workshop is approved for 0.7 CEUs through the National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA) and 0.7 CEUs through the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM).
Matthew and Zak have developed a simple system to help you coach the deadlift better from start to finish. Their hybrid team approach provides actionable takeaways for attendees to master the basic fundamental components of the deadlift through this hands-on, practical workshop. Attendees will walk away with the necessary tools to better train, coach and educate their athletes with respect to deadlift training and hip hinge-based exercises through their systematic approach.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO LEARN:
We get the following question a lot from people…“What else can I possibly learn about the deadlift, especially over the course of a full day workshop?”
Here’s what makes this workshop unique and worth your time:
We’re all about education and turning complex concepts into consolidated, digestible information. Essentially, we’ve created a systematic approach to learning how to deadlift properly and utilize hip hinge exercises for long-term health and resilience.
In today’s current fitness and healthcare landscape, there’s an ever-emerging grey area between fitness professionals and rehab professionals. We strongly believe that the best professionals are doing their part in learning more about respected fields to ultimately provide better outcomes for their clients and athletes.
The beauty of our Hip Hinge 101 Workshop is that it lends both strength & conditioning professionals and rehab professionals the opportunity to learn basic low back pain principles and how to train around it intelligently through hip hinge exercises and deadlifting.
From there, we break down basic concepts and teach attendees our overarching coaching principles through effective communication.
Here’s a summary of what attendees will learn:
• The importance of the deadlift and hip hinge exercises for movement, strength, and performance. • A basic understanding of low back pain principles as they relate to the deadlift and how to intelligently train around pain. • A systematic assessment and screening approach for evaluating the low back and hips. • A step-by-step process to protecting your spine in training and performance: breathing, bracing, spinal stiffness, and core training principles. • How to improve coaching communication skills for optimal client success outcomes. • How to transition a client from the treatment table to the training floor through proper hip hinge-based exercise progressions and regressions. • How to select the proper deadlift variation for each specific client. • How to properly address weak links and sticking points in the deadlift exercise through hands-on deadlift coaching and cueing.
• Fitness Professionals – All coaches and trainers in the field of strength and conditioning, sports performance, powerlifting, and weightlifting. This list includes, but is not limited to, Strength & Conditioning Coaches, Personal Trainers, Powerlifting Coaches, and Weightlifting Coaches. • Rehabilitation Professionals – All rehabilitation-based professionals providing treatment for athletes and the general population. This list includes, but is not limited to, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants, Chiropractors, Athletic Trainers, and Massage Therapists. • Students – All students in the field of exercise science, human movement, and rehabilitation. This list includes, but is not limited to, students in Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, DPT, DC, PhD, MS, and ATC. • General Population – Athletes and clients looking to enhance their deadlift training performance and hip hinge-based exercises.
• Introduction – 9:00am-9:30am • Low Back Health – 9:30am-10:15am • Hip Hinge Theory – 10:15am-11:00am • Athlete Assessment – 11:00am-12:00pm • Lunch Break – 12:00pm-1:00pm • Building Your Base – 1:00pm-2:00pm • Power of Language – 2:00pm-2:30pm • Teaching the Hip Hinge – 2:30pm-3:30pm • Mastering Your Deadlift – 3:30pm-5:00pm
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS:
• The National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA) has approved 0.7 CEUs for certified individuals attending the Hip Hinge 101 Workshop. • The National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) has approved 0.7 CEUs for certified individuals attending the Hip Hinge 101 Workshop.
TESTIMONIALS FROM PREVIOUS ATTENDEES:
"Not only do I give the Hip Hinge 101 Workshop two thumbs up, we also gained two great friends in the process! I highly recommend this workshop to Strength Coaches, Personal Trainers, Physical Therapists, and even fitness enthusiasts, regardless of your experience level. You will not be disappointed!" – Nate VanKouwenberg
“The Hip Hinge 101 Workshop is an invaluable workshop for your staff and attendees. It's more than just how to deadlift for personal records; it's how to coach and troubleshoot for the beginner client and for when things get difficult. Having your staff of coaches on the same page when it comes to coaching is the key to an unbelievable training environment. Matt and Zak are also pretty cool dudes!” – Chris Carlsen
“The Hip Hinge 101 Workshop is the perfect workshop for any strength & conditioning professional looking to expand their knowledge and pursuit of keeping their athletes/clients healthy and strong for life. Both Matt and Zak are easily two of the most passionate, genuine and knowledgeable professionals I have come across. The two were able to connect to the crowd very easily, and the relaxed atmosphere they created made the day more memorable and enjoyable. Not to mention, they are a couple of fun guys!” – Joseph Aratari
"Inviting Matt and Zak to present their Hip Hinge 101 Workshop at our gym was an unbelievably incredible experience. The amount of knowledge and information shared with our coaches and community contributed immediately to improving our client experience and results. On top of the wealth of information they provided, the hands-on coaching instruction from Matt and Zak made the day FUN!" – Dan Heaney
"As a sports physical therapist and strength coach who utilizes compound lifts as part of my training programs to return clients back to their activity of choice, I can't say enough good things about the Hip Hinge 101 Workshop. Matt and Zak have structured this workshop to be tailored to both the strength coach and healthcare professional looking to master their ability to lift without discomfort. Their ability to systematically put a plan in place with a step-by-step process to maximize your deadlift performance truly sets this workshop apart. They take the guesswork out, teach you their systematic approach and provide actionable items that you can put into practice right away. I cannot recommend this workshop enough. Matt and Zak are two professionals that are passionate about having people reach their potential in the deadlift, which will be evident right away when you attend this workshop. If you work in the strength & conditioning or sports rehab industries, this is a must attend event." – Dr. Russ Manalastas
• Early Bird Student = $199 • Early Bird General = $225 • Standard Student = $225 (starts 4 weeks prior to event date) • Standard General = $250 (starts 4 weeks prior to event date) • Students: School ID proof is required. FOR MORE INFORMATION: • Website: https://www.matthew-ibrahim.com/workshops • Matt's Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/matthewibrahim_/ • Zak's Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/simplestrengthphysio/
#hiphinge101workshop #ceuunits #nsca #nasm #strengthandconditioning #matthewibrahim #zakgabor #howtodeadliftproperly #avoiddeadliftinjuries #srongerdeadlift #propertechniqueinlifting #handsonpracticalworkshoponlifting #coaches #strengthandconditioningprofessionials #exercisebuffs #athletes #prosportphysicaltherapy #prosport #prosportperformance #signupwitheventbrite #eventbriteevent #september1event #lagunahills